The infant program provides a physically and emotionally safe and stimulating environment for children. We hold, cuddle, talk to, and sing to our infants. We're warm, responsive to infants' needs, and knowledgable about infant growth and development, especially language development. All infants have toys, activities, and plenty of space to creep, crawl, and even start to walk.
Toddlers and Preschoolers
Each toddler and preschool class follows its own, unique daily routine suited to the developmental needs of each age level. However, all classes follow a similar daily progression:
- breakfast, seated all together around a shared table
- morning circle time, including songs, reading, and body movement. Circle time includes the introduction of curriculum subjects
- morning outdoor play
- lunch, seated all together around a shared table
- nap time
- afternoon outdoor play
Indoor activities include both structured and unstructured time, with activities to enhance language development, thinking skills, small and large muscle development, and social and emotional development. We emphasize play of all sorts:
- indoor play and outdoor play on our large, shady playground
- quiet and active play
- individual and group play
Typical structured activities include practicing number concepts, problem solving, science and nature, dramatic play, building with blocks, sand and water play, dancing, singing, and listening to music, self-help skills, and creative arts and crafts.